Today I thought I'd share with you one of my absolute favourite recipes. Now, this is something I make a lot because it's so delicious. It even works well as a birthday cake...COOKIE CAKE!!!
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 110g softened butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g plain chocolate chips (or Smarties/M&M's)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line the base of a round tin (about 10-12 inches wide) with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together dark sugar, caster sugar and butter until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour with bicarbonate of soda and stir into the mix. The dough should be fairly stiff.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread or pat the dough onto the tin and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown.