Monday 9 January 2017

Book Review - Nineteen Eighty-Four

Hey Internet Froends,
So, something new today. My first book review! Hope you enjoy.

Love and Hugs
1 More Blogger xox

Title: Nineteen Eighty-Four
Author: George Orwell
BlurbHidden away in the Record Department of the sprawling Ministry of Truth, Winston Smith skilfully rewrites the past to suit the needs of the Party. Yet he inwardly rebels against the totalitarian world he lives in, which demands absolute obedience and controls him through the all-seeing telescreens and the watchful eye of Big Brother, symbolic head of the Party. In his longing for truth and liberty, Smith begins a secret love affair with a fellow-worker Julia, but soon discovers the true price of freedom is betrayal. 
Why I started reading it: It's one of the novels I'm studying as part of English Literature. Loved it the first time I read it and continue to enjoy it each time I re-read it. Despite holding quite political views, it's such a gripping novel. Not the happiest, I'll admit (but what do you expect from a dystopian novel), however there is a nice sprinkle of romance in there.
Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment